Pages

Saturday 2 March 2013

Who am I and why am I here?

Well, I'm doing this subject at uni and the lecturer said I have to make a blog.

Sorry, I'm (partly) kidding there. Yes, I'm a student, and yes, there is a thrilling series on Web 2.0 coming to this blog soon, but that's not the only reason I'm here. I've been thinking of starting a blog for a while, and this seems like the perfect opportunity.

I've called this a blog on ... um ... IT stuff, but let's see what it evolves into. I might find something else to write about too. The uni life of an overachieving catlover perhaps?

Who am I?

I'm a third year IT student, studying a Bachelor of Information Technology (Software Development) at QUT, Brisbane. I got into programming through kind of a backward channel after working for five or six years as a legal secretary and office girl, where I acquired a disdain for the "realisticness" of the uni teamwork scenario and a high touch-typing speed which is, now that I'm a programmer instead, simultaneously redundant and useful. 

I now work as Web Application Developer at QUT a couple of days a week, and I constantly surprise myself with how much I enjoy my job. I also study ridiculously hard; I enjoy blue-light lit dinners and long evenings spent on the computer. I have two loving cats and a very patient husband.

Today's little-known fact: people who follow and comment on blogs are awesome, and statistics show blog readers prefer green vegetables. So, what's your favourite veggie?

Amber

1 comment:

  1. Hi Amber, I am here to budge in :) Nice blog by the way!

    ReplyDelete